Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
JOB SUMMARY: This position coordinates the care and leads the team regarding service delivery based on participant and family voice.
Education / Experience
Master's degree in a social science field required, plus two (2) years of experience working in a behavioral health field
License or Certification
BBS registration as MFT-Intern, ASW, PCCI, or Psychology Assistant; BBS licensed as LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, or Psychologist
Valid California Driver's License
Meets Agency driver eligibility criteria
- Ability to physically perform ProACT.
- Ability to visually and audibly assess clients' behavior and needs.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods, up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to drive within the community in personal and company vehicles
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
- Potential for eye and wrist strain from computer screen and minor lacerations from paper cuts.
- Interaction with potentially assaultive youth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes primary facilitative role for services for clients and families.
- Conducts initial and ongoing assessments of the client and family to identify strengths and needs.
- Develops, in collaboration with the treatment team, plans of care.
- Incorporates Trauma Informed Care (TIC), Motivational Interviewing, and other identified Evidence Based and Promising Practices into services.
- Facilitates treatment team meetings.
- May be required to transport participants and/or family members in personal vehicle.
- Provides services, including individual, family, and group services, case management, and collateral, to clients and their families, as deemed necessary and appropriate through the assessment process and in collaboration with the treatment team.
- Provides crisis services to clients and families as needed.
- In collaboration with the team, completes all SBHG, State, and County required outcome measures and reports.
- Completes outcomes measures in collaboration with the Program Manager and QA/Training.
- Develops and maintains relationships with behavioral health and other external partners.
- Ensures proper follow up on all referrals made to both internal and external resources.
- Free employee health insurance offered for applicable full time positions
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- A unique environment – we're an employee owned organization!
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website