Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for conducting initial assessment and developing and updating treatment plans; lead admission and discharge planning process and provide therapeutic services.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education / Experience
Master's degree in a social science field required, plus two (2) years of experience working in a behavioral health field
License or Certification
BBS registration as an AMFT, ASW, or APCC, or Psychology Assistant; BBS licensed as LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, or Psychologist
Valid California Driver's License
- Ability to physically perform Pro-ACT.
- Ability to visually and audibly assess clients' behavior and needs.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods, up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to drive within the community in personal and company vehicles.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
- Potential for eye and wrist strain from computer screen and minor lacerations from paper cuts.
- Interaction with potentially assaultive youth.
- Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category I).
- Prepares a comprehensive written psychosocial evaluation and assessment on assigned clients, in addition to an intake note, daily progress notes, summary notes (as may be required) and a discharge summary.
- Responsible for assessing client's readiness for discharge and coordination planning with treatment team; works with treatment team members to effect appropriate referrals for placement, case management and aftercare services; coordinates benefits (MediCal) with Business Office personnel; and maintains knowledge of community resources.
- Verbally communicates to clients their legal status and rights under applicable law and acknowledges in writing their understanding of same.
- Facilitates treatment team meetings and is responsible for working with other disciplines to develop a coordinated treatment plan for assigned clients.
- Provides consultation as needed with treatment team members on issues regarding admission, discharge and aftercare plans.
- Assists clients and families in utilizing available resources to meet client and family needs.
- Documents all services provided in a clear and concise manner within the Electronic Health Record within the timelines and framework established by Stars.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates therapeutic groups.
- Free employee health insurance offered for applicable full time positions
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- A unique environment – we're an employee owned organization!
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website