Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for conducting initial assessment and collecting all documentation needed to develop treatment plans; may lead admission and discharges planning process; conduct staff supervision as directed and provide back-up to Program Director as needed.
Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Marriage, Family and Child Counseling from an accredited college or university.
Four (4) years direct service experience with the mentally ill, preferably adults.
License or Certification Registered Intern in a Mental Health field: APCC, LPCC, ACSW, LCSW, AMFT, LMFT
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category I)
Operation of company vehicle
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS REQUIRED
Demonstrated use of CSI
Demonstrated use of Standard Precautions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares a comprehensive written psychosocial evaluation and assessment on assigned clients, in addition to an intake note, daily progress notes, summary notes (as may be required) and a discharge summary.
- Responsible for assessing client's readiness for discharge and coordination planning with treatment team; working with case managers to effect appropriate referrals for placement, case management and aftercare services; coordinates benefits (MediCal) with Business Office personnel; and maintains knowledge of community resources.
- Interprets facility policies and procedures to clients and family members.
- Verbally communicates to clients their legal status and rights under applicable law and acknowledges in writing their understanding of same.
- Actively participates in treatment team meetings and is responsible for working with other disciplines to develop a coordinated treatment plan for assigned clients.
- Provides consultation as needed with families and the Case Manager on issues regarding admission, discharge and aftercare plans.
- Assists clients and families in utilizing available resources to meet client and family needs.
- Documents social services that are provided and records them in the patient chart.
- Leads or co-leads therapeutic groups.
- Free employee health insurance offered for applicable full time positions
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- A unique environment – we're an employee owned organization!
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website