Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
JOB SUMMARY: This position has primary responsibility for coaching clients with their Activities of Daily Living (ADLs); preparing meals, snacks, shopping for food, and other various life skills. Assist with and supervise meal preparation in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations. Ensure that all safety regulations are followed, and the facilities are maintained in a safe and clean manner. Assist with client laundry, household cleaning and other tasks as needed. This position performs a variety of tasks to ensure that the facility is in a clean, orderly, sanitary and attractive condition.
6 am to 2:30 pm, 2 pm to 10:30 pm, some flexibility for middays.
Facility is open 7 days a week
Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
One (1) year dietary experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility preferred. Knowledge of and experience preparing therapeutic diets, preferred.
Six (6) months housekeeping experience in a hospital, hotel, motel or similar work environment.
License or Certification
Valid California Driver's License.
Ability to physically assist in lifting and carrying food service supplies and equipment without restriction.
Ability to visually and audibly assess client's behavior and needs.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category I)
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS REQUIRED
Demonstrated use of Pro-Act.
Demonstrated use of Standard Precautions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ability to follow menus and cook a variety of foods in large quantities. Review menus prior to preparation of food. Assist in establishing food service and make sure meals are prepared on time.
2. Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance. Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus. Prepare and serve snacks. Prepare and serve substitute food to clients who refuse foods served.
3. Ensure that safety regulations and precautions are followed at all times by all personnel and clients. Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times.
4. Ensure that the area is maintained in a clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.
5. Sweeps, mops, vacuums, and cleans floor surfaces. Cleans and dusts furniture, closets, telephones and vents. Scours polishes and sanitizes sinks, counters, stainless surfaces and waste receptacles.
6. Empties waste receptacles; cleans solid waste containers. Washes windows and walls; may remove draperies, rugs, and other bulky items.
- Free employee health insurance offered for applicable full time positions
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- A unique environment – we're an employee owned organization!
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website