Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
JOB SUMMARY: This position has primary responsibility for providing direct care to meet the physical and psychosocial needs of the clients through direct and indirect physical and verbal interaction. Duties are performed under direct supervision of the Program Coordinator, or designee, in most cases, but some tasks are accomplished independently.
Associate degree plus six years of experience in a mental health field OR
Bachelor's degree in a Mental Health Field plus four years of experience in a mental health field OR
Master's degree in a Mental Health Field plus two years of experience in a mental health field
License or Certification
Certification as a Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (can be obtained post-hire)
Valid California Driver's License
- Ability to physically perform Pro-ACT.
- Ability to visually and audibly assess clients' behavior and needs.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods, up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to drive within the community in personal and company vehicles.
- Potential for eye and wrist strain from computer screen and minor lacerations from paper cuts.
- Interaction with potentially assaultive youth.
- Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category I).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes and assists clients with self-help skills in the areas of eating, hygiene and grooming and other activity or nursing activities.
- Monitors client's attendance at assigned activities and maximizes client participation through appropriate motivational techniques.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates both large and small activity groups and outings independently but under the supervision of the Program Coordinator or his/her designee.
- Encourages clients' interaction and socialization with other peers, providing feedback to clients on appropriate behavior while acting as a role model.
- Accurately documents in writing each client's attendance and response to activity and therapeutic groups or individual counseling in the individual medical record.
- Attends and actively participates in Treatment Team meetings.
- Visually and audibly observes and reports on client's physical and psychiatric conditions and reports significant changes to the Program Coordinator while documenting those observations in writing in the medical record.
- Implements the individualized Treatment Plan.
- Transports clients in facility vehicles as directed.
- Completes Daily Notes in the EMR as assigned.
- Free employee health insurance offered for applicable full time positions
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- A unique environment – we're an employee owned organization!
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website