Named one of the best places to work in California!
We are committed to providing a challenging, career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Fresno, Central Valley, Stanislaus, Santa Clara, Alameda, and Sacramento counties. We serve more than 30,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other agencies.
Under the direction of the EMR Program Director, the EMR Software Analyst is responsible for providing technical product support for the SBHG and MSO EMR systems, as well as EMR linked applications/databases. Duties include, but are not limited to, responding to EMR system support needs promptly and professionally, accurately documenting related issues and resolutions, and collaborating with team members and program staff on EMR related development needs. The EMR Software Analyst is also responsible to act as a trainer to EMR Team members and program staff, and assisting and/or leading in the implementation, training, support, and effective use of the EMR software system from both the end-user and system administrator perspective. The EMR Software Analyst is also responsible for frequent attendance, participation, and leadership at both clinical program and EMR Team meetings. Coaching on the effective use of the EMR software for both EMR Team members, and clinical staff, including providing ongoing support and training as assigned, is required.
This position requires working outside of regular business hours, including, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, and some holidays, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in the use of the Netsmart, “myEvolv”, Electronic Medical Record software system at the System Administrator level, or above, required.
- Demonstrated experience creating complex myEvolv forms using the myEvolv form designer, including tests/assessments, progress notes, consent forms, custom sub-forms, and forms which include HTML/Java/SQL scripting required.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL and/or MS Access databases required.
- Demonstrated experience with software QA and/or software/EMR development lifecycle (SDLC) required.
- Experience with complex projects involving multiple staff and external vendors required.
- Experience with the configuration of EMR system finance setups preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in computer software and systems at the power user level required.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting software issues required.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with clients, physicians, program administrators, EMR Team members, staff, and the public is required.
- Demonstrated experience training staff, including leading applicable meetings and projects, required.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and collaboratively required.
License or Certification:
- Valid California Driver's License required.
- Completion of the myEvolv System Administrator Certification within one year of date of hire, or Three (3) years of experience working in a System Administrator capacity for the myEvolv EMR application required.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, up to 2 hours.
- Occasional travel in California, mainly in Southern California via car.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS:
- Assaultive clients
- Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category I)
- Operation of vehicle
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS REQUIRED:
- Current clear DMV printout.
- Leads EMR system (and related application) developments/projects for: programs, forms, and other EMR configurations in collaboration with QA/clinical program staff and EMR Team, for SBHG and MSO EMR systems.
- Frequent interaction with EMR Team and program staff to identify and resolve user issues and system inefficiencies to ensure effective implementation and utilization of EMR.
- Leads and/or provides QA testing support on EMR software setup, development, and software workflows.
- Leads and/or supports EMR system upgrades and patch research, testing, and planning.
- Leads and/or supports EMR trainings, implementation support, and myEvolv Help Desk support as needed.
- Communicates all unusual/significant EMR or IT system issues, themes, or program staff concerns, to his/her supervisor and/or EMR Team in an organized and timely manner.
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes EMR system and support related requests as assigned by supervisor.
- Leads and/or participates in EMR Program Operation meetings as assigned.
- Provides EMR Team recommendations and support for EMR system setup and maintenance.
- Creates end-user guides based on new EMR system developments.
- Provides training support for implementation of new EMR features and new programs as needed.
- Leads and/or assists in the research and preparation needed for EMR projects.
- Leads and/or assists in the coordination of application and report development for EMR related projects.
- Provides support in the management of vendor helpdesk tickets related to software development.
- Provides guidance to EMR Team and SBHG/MSO programs in resolving EMR system issues/needs.
- Works collaboratively with EMR and IT Team to resolve technical issues.
- Serves as a primary specialist in the development and use of the EMR software application, including related SQL reports and issues resolution.
- Assists in the development, and changes to, EMR software tables, acting as a work partner and resource to the EMR Team in the creation of custom reports, completing software upgrades, and troubleshooting database and/or server related issues.
- Trains team members on EMR functionality as needed.
- Attends county/vendor meetings/trainings/conferences as assigned.
- Provides EMR Program Manager with development updates, as well as system issues or staff concerns, in a timely manner.
- Makes recommendations for system design and functionality specifications for new EMR developments.
- Develops guides related to software functionality as needed.
- Updates EMR Team on work progress using organized communication tools/documentation.
- Provides support in regularly scheduled EMR probes security and health checks, working collaboratively with the EMR Team, IT Team/consultants, and vendors to monitor and improve our EMR system security.
- Provides reports, summaries, MSO LOE proposals, and presentations as needed.
- Participates in TQM activities as requested including CQI subcommittees, probes, peer review, audit and/or tracer activities.
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal, state, and local laws.Apply Now
Apply on company website