Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
The position has primary responsibility for working with family members to provide support, education, and advocacy. Family Advocates support the families as equal Advocates in the planning, development, and implementation of services.
Education / Experience
High School diploma or equivalent, preferred, plus personal experience as a consumer, foster parent, or parent of a child in the child welfare, probation, or mental health systems and 2 years of experience working in a behavioral health field.
License or Certification
Valid California Driver's License preferred
- Ability to interact and communicate with participants, families, schools, other staff, physicians, county agencies, other health care and social services providers and the public.
- Ability to assist professional and para-professional staff in understanding and honoring youth and family perspective.
- Specific language and cultural competencies of clients as required.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a treatment team.
- Ability to physically perform ProACT.
- Ability to visually and audibly assess participants' behavior and needs.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods, up to 3 hours at a time.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS:
- Potential for eye and wrist strain from computer screen and minor lacerations from paper cuts.
- Interaction with potentially assaultive youth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides Outreach and Engagement to families within the community.
- Conducts a strengths interview with family members; tells own story to engage families.
- Identifies family strengths for problem solving and assists family in identifying specific underlying needs.
- Articulates family perceptions for other team members.
- Educates family members on available resources and how to access them. Links family members to identified resources, including housing, food, education/vocation, recreation, spiritual, and social, as deemed appropriate in Partnership with the treatment team.
- Helps re-evaluate family needs and goals following a crisis.
- Documents services related to specific domains from the family perspective.
- Participates in various meetings on an as-needed basis, including treatment team meetings and Family Therapy sessions to support the team with meeting the family's needs.
- Participates in the development of the Care Plan.
- Provides transportation to participants and family members between school/work, home, and services and activities as able and needed.
- Participates in the agency's and SBHG's Total Quality Management and Continuous Quality Improvement systems which support compliance with Joint Commission and other accreditation standards as applicable.
- Free employee health insurance offered for applicable full time positions
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- A unique environment – we're an employee owned organization!
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website