Named one of the best places to work in California!
We are committed to providing a challenging, career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,500 people at 37 different sites throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Fresno, Central Valley, Stanislaus, Santa Clara, Alameda, and Sacramento counties. We serve more than 25,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other agencies.
(Schedule: Thursday - Monday)
JOB SUMMARY: This position performs a variety of tasks to ensure that the facility is in a clean, orderly, sanitary and attractive condition.
Ability to read, speak and understand English in order to follow simple written and verbal directions. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Six (6) months housekeeping experience in a hospital, hotel, motel or similar work environment.
Ability to interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with seriously emotionally disturbed adolescents, other staff and the public. Ability to perform a variety of repetitive tasks.
Ability to physically assist in lifting and carrying supplies and furniture generally weighing up to 150 pounds (eg. beds, sofas). Ability to stand, walk, bend and stretch most of the working day.
1. Sweeps, mops, vacuums, buffs, strips, waxes, shampoos and cleans floor surfaces.
2. Cleans and dusts furniture, closets, telephones, vents and scours, polishes and sanitizes sinks, counters, stainless surfaces and waste receptacles.
3. Empties waste receptacles; cleans solid waste containers.
4. Washes windows and walls; may remove draperies, rugs, and other bulky items.
5. Moves and arranges furniture as needed for cleaning or presentation purposes.
6. Reports defective furniture and equipment for needed repairs to the Supervisor.
7. Performs tasks using appropriate infection control techniques.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employees will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Environmental Services Supervisor or his/her designee as needed.
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website