Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,900 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Therapists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the HR Business Partner, the HR Assistant performs a wide variety of human resources clerical and administrative tasks to support the SBHG Corporate office/HR team. This includes filing and maintaining personnel and other HR department documents and files, entering and maintaining accurate data in the HRIS, creating and distributing HR paperwork, generating reports, and general HR clerical duties. The HR Assistant provides administrative support for the SBHG HR team.
Education & Experience
High school graduate or equivalent plus two (2) years' experience in an office environment maintaining files or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) required
Experience with HRIS preferred
License or Certification
Valid California Driver's License
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Professionally greets and perpetuates a welcoming environment for employees and Corporate office visitors both over the phone and in person.
- Assists employees, managers and the public with general HR questions, sorts office mail and correspondence and distributes as necessary.
- Builds a strong supportive partnership with candidates, employees, Talent Acquisition Specialists/team, and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for tracking and assisting candidates thru the preboarding and hire process to ensure a positive onboarding experience.
- Gathers and verifies all employment offer contingencies/preboarding documentation, including but not limited to drug screens, TB testing, DOJ/FBI criminal background checks, and I-9s.
- Reviews, approves and/or enters data into the HRIS system in a timely and accurate manner including handling terminations and offboarding.
- Prepares, reviews and assures the maintenance of employee personnel files and records in accordance with company file layout and procedures. Archives and maintains all terminated personnel files and records in accordance with federal/state laws and SBHG policies/procedures.
- Tracks and prepares reports on HR related data.
- Prepares the monthly OIG/SAM/Medi-Cal exclusions report and distributes it to the regional HR departments.
- Acts as a liaison to the HR shared services teams to ensure employee satisfaction.
For more information, email: email@example.comWe offer:
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Potential Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday - Days
E-Verify Disclosure | Accessibility
Apply on company website