Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.$1000 Sign On Bonus
JOB SUMMARY: This position has primary responsibility for providing mental health services and case management services to children or adolescents and their families referred to Community Services. Services may include engagement, assessment, evaluation, individual/family/group therapy, and case management. The position acts as liaison with external agencies and functions on teams with other clinical and support staff. In addition, the position documents and bills for mental health and case management services and completes outcomes information.
Master's Degree in a mental health field
AMFT/APCC/ASW BBS registration
One (1) year of experience in a mental health field
Valid California Driver's License.
1. Interviews referred children/adolescents and significant others to assess and evaluate their appropriateness and need for services.
2. Works with referred children/adolescents, their families, representatives of referring agencies, and other relevant parties (in-house and external) to promote rehabilitation and amelioration of problems which interfere with productive social and emotional daily living. Services provided may include engagement, assessment, evaluation, individual/family/group therapy, crisis and case management.
3. Acts as liaison with various external agencies (such as Department of Children and Family Services, Department of Mental Health, Probation Department, Dependency Court, and police) to facilitate youngsters' adjustment in daily living routines.
4. Assists in preparing youngsters for lasting and successful housing, vocational, educational, and treatment experiences. Services include a “whatever it takes” approach and include counseling, shadowing, training, modeling and other interventions deemed necessary.
5. Documents clients' behaviors and responses in Electronic Medical Records, and bills for services.
- Free employee health insurance offered for applicable full time positions
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- A unique environment – we're an employee owned organization!
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website