Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,900 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Therapists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
The LVN/LPT provides direct client care including medications. Maintains vigilance over the general milieu within the facility to facilitate quality client care, optimum facility operations and preserve the safety of all therein. Visually and audibly observes, documents in writing, and reports orally or in writing the physical or mental condition of patients to the Registered Nurse in charge of the facility on the shift and the attending physician. Orders prepare, administer, and documents the administration of medication for clients according to physician's orders. Confirms delivery of all ordered medication(s) from the pharmacy on shift worked. Responsible for writing a summary on clients as assigned. Attend and participate in patient rounds, change of shift meetings, and treatment team meetings as scheduled on the assignment sheet. Makes written or oral shift assignments and plans organize and directs the nursing activities of the unit (when needed and assigned) to assure quality care delivery. Provides other nursing duties including first aid and medical intervention within the scope of licensure as necessary for each client. LPT licensed staff (that meet qualification) may be asked to become LPS designee certified to facilitate the completion of “applications 5150/5585” for clients in need of such.
Graduation from an accredited school of licensed vocational nursing or psychiatric technology
Associate degree preferred.
One (1) year of service experience treating the mentally ill in an inpatient setting.
One (1) year of medication administration experience.
License or Certification
Valid California LVN or LPT license.
Current CPR certification.
Valid California Driver's License preferred.
1. Maintains vigilance over the general milieu within the facility to facilitate quality client care, optimum facility operations, and preserve the safety of all therein.
2. Visually and audibly observes, documents in writing, and reports orally or in writing the physical or mental condition to the Registered Nurse in charge of the facility on the shift and the attending physician.
3. Orders, prepares, administers, and documents the administration of medication for clients according to physician's orders.
4. Confirms delivery of all ordered medication from the pharmacy on shift worked.
5. Responsible for writing a daily summary on clients as assigned.
6. Attend and participate in morning rounds, change of shift meetings, and treatment team meetings as scheduled on the assignment sheet.
7. Makes written or oral shift assignments and plans organize and directs the nursing activities of the unit, assuring quality care delivery.
8. Provides other nursing duties including first aid and medical intervention within the scope of licensure as necessary for each client.
9. Uses ProACT to appropriately intervene with assaultive/volatile clients.
10. Assists in crisis intervention (including the use of ProACT) and provide support and assistance in problem resolution.
11. Participates in ProACT Team assignments and activities.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides direct nursing care and supervises same provided by all nursing staff the shift worked.
2. May assist in coordinating and arrange other appointments.
3. Participates in in-service education as required by State and facility regulations.
4. Monitors and maintains appropriate nursing documentation in the medical record for the shift worked.
5. Communicates pertinent information verbally and in writing to all team members.
6. Prepares, presents and coordinates, or supervises a verbal or written change of shift report.
7. Reads and response to company communications via email, telephone, or other selected mode within a reasonable timeframe. Logs in to established company information sharing sites regularly to maintain current knowledge of changes in policy, procedure, events, etc.
8. Regularly attends department meetings and mandatory work meetings, events, etc. as assigned by Management/Administration.
9. Monitors and contributes to the cleanliness of the facility.
1. Actively participates in the agency's and SBHG's Total Quality Management and Continuous Quality Improvement systems which support compliance with Joint Commission and other accreditation standards as applicable.
2. Participates in TQM activities as requested including CQI subcommittees, probes, peer review, audit, and/or tracer activities.We offer:
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Potential Work Schedule:
E-Verify Disclosure | Accessibility
Apply on company website