Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
JOB SUMMARY: This position has primary responsibility for managing the day-to-day operations of the Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU). Supports program development and implementation and provides direction and supervision to direct service staff.
Bachelor's degree in a social science.
Four (4) years direct service experience in a behavioral health field and two (2) years in a leadership role.
License or Certification
BBS Registered ASW, MFT Intern, or PCC Intern or Marriage, or Licensed LCSW, LMFT, or LPCC preferred.
Valid California Driver's License.
- Ability to sit for long periods, up to 3 hours at a time
- Ability to drive within the community in personal and company vehicles.
- Ability to physically perform Pro-ACT.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
- Potential for eye and wrist strain from computer screen and minor lacerations from paper cuts.
- Potentially assaultive participants.
- Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category I).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements a recovery based psychosocial program to optimize patient strengths, skills, and partnerships with family, community, and staff. Assures that client needs are met through program activities.
- Hires, trains, and supervises team members as assigned.
- Ensures evidence informed practices are integrated into services.
- Assists in the coordination of all discharges from the facility.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of a robust group schedule.
- Actively participates in Treatment Team and other program planning activities.
- Be part of and available for assignment to the Managerial on-call rotation for after-hours facility/patient emergencies. Participates in administrative supervision of the facility as an On-Call Manager.
- Establishes and maintains an on-going relationship with county agencies, health care facilities, placement centers and other resources necessary to affect the continuum of care for clients returning to the community.
- Attends regular leadership meetings; prepares and presents program data at TQM meetings. Regularly meets with Supervisor to share and problem solve program and management issues.
- Free employee health insurance offered for applicable full time positions
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- A unique environment – we're an employee owned organization!
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website