Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
JOB SUMMARY: This position provides a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks in support of all Capital Star programs, including the Quality Assurance/Total Quality Management (QA/TQM) system functions.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
Two (2) years general office experience required.
License or Certification
- Ability to interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with youth, other staff, physicians, families and the public;
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers;
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel;
- Ability to type at least 50 words per minute on a computer;
- Familiarity with medical/psychiatric terminology;
- Demonstrated attention to detail;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Outstanding customer relations and phone etiquette;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate lists and error free documents;
- Ability to drive to and from external agencies and Community Service office in personal vehicle;
- Sufficient math skills to manage supply ordering, expense reports, and other responsibilities requiring mathematical precision.
- Ability to sit most of the working day.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
- Potential for eye and wrist strain from computer screen and minor lacerations from paper cuts.
- Repetitive movements – writing and typing.
- Interaction with potentially assaultive youth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIL IT IES
- Performs general clerical tasks for all agency programs.
- Enters client information, reviews documents for completion/errors, and scans into Electronic Medical Records program.
- Enters program generated outcome data into various systems and workbooks for aggregation and tracking purposes.
- Manages completion of documents and maintains system to ensure completion of required documents.
- Manages petty cash and gas and store credit cards, including distribution and reconciliation.
- (Front Desk): Answers and responds to or direct all incoming telephone calls. Greets and welcomes guests. Directs staff and guests to appropriate persons/places as needed.
- (Front Desk): Provides administrative support to Psychiatrists, including scheduling of appointments.
- (Front Desk): Orders and maintains office supplies.
- Free employee health insurance offered for applicable full time positions
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- A unique environment – we're an employee owned organization!
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website