Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
JOB SUMMARY: The Recovery Counselor is a para-professional treatment team member who is responsible for providing direct care to meet the physical and psychosocial needs of the clients through direct and indirect physical and verbal interaction. Duties are performed under direct supervision of the Program Manager, or designee in most cases, but some tasks are accomplished independently.
Completion of 15 semester / 24 quarter units in psychology, sociology, or related behavioral sciences coursework from a recognized college, or
Six months of full-time experience performing non-professional, consumer directed services in a mental health, health care, or other social services agency / organization.
License or Certification
Certification as Nurse's Assistant (optional)
Valid California Driver's License – may be required
Valid California Class “B” Driver's License preferred.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category I)
Operation of company vehicle.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS REQUIRED
Demonstrated use of CSI
Demonstrated use of Standard Precautions.
Demonstrated safe driving record with DMV and attendance at vehicle orientation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes and assists clients with self-help skills in the areas of eating, hygiene and grooming and other activity or nursing activities.
- Monitors client's attendance at assigned activities and maximizes client participation through appropriate motivational techniques.
- Conducts and assists both large and small activity groups and outings independently but under the supervision of the Program Manager or his/her designee.
- Encourages client's interaction and socialization with other peers, providing feedback to clients on appropriate behavior while acting as a role model. Implements the individualized Treatment Plan.
- Accurately documents in writing each client's attendance and response to activity and therapeutic groups or individual counseling in the individual medical record.
- Attends and actively participates in Treatment Team meetings.
- Visually and audibly observes and reports on client's physical and psychiatric conditions and reports significant changes to the Program Manager while documenting those observations in writing in the medical record.
- Transports clients in facility vehicles as directed.
- Free employee health insurance offered for applicable full time positions
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- A unique environment – we're an employee owned organization!
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website