Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
JOB SUMMARY: This position assists the professional rehabilitation staff by providing direct service to adolescents in implementing activity and rehabilitation groups.
High School degree
Two years residential child care experience or equivalent inpatient psychiatric experience preferred.
License or Certification
Valid California Class "B" Driver's License or ability to be licensed within 3 months of employment.
Valid California Driver's License.
Ability to interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with seriously emotionally disturbed adolescents, other staff and the public.
Ability to physically perform containment, escort, and restraint procedures with assaultive adolescents.
Ability to physically assist in lifting and carrying assaultive adolescents weighing up to 200 lbs.
Ability to visually and audibly assess adolescent's behavior and needs.
Ability to walk, run and play active games with the adolescents.
Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 3 hrs at a time.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category I)
Use of specialized rehab equipment, e.g. sports, kiln, art sharps.
Operation of company vehicle.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS REQUIRED
Demonstrated use of ProACT
Demonstrated use of Standard Precautions.
Demonstrated knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheets particular to specialized rehab hazards.
Demonstrated safe driving record with DMV and attendance at vehicle orientation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plans and conducts both large and small activity groups and outings independently but under the indirect or direct supervision of the Director, Coordinator, Rehab Therapist or their designee.
2. Assists with maintaining inventory and equipment by visually inspecting equipment and supply levels and then communicating needs in writing or orally to the Director, Coordinator, or Therapist.
3. Accurately documents in writing each adolescent's attendance and response to activity and therapeutic groups in the individual medical record or on department forms.
4. Attends and actively participates in Treatment Team meetings.
5. Develops a theme and schedules a series of special events for assigned holiday or event.
6. Maintains visual awareness of resident's physical and psychiatric limitations and insures the safety of residents at all times.
7. Enlists the cooperation of nursing staff in participating in the structured activity program, as necessary.
8. Monitors resident's attendance at assigned activities and maximizes resident participation through appropriate motivational techniques.
9. Assists nursing in managing resident's unstructured time and meal time and for nursing coverage, when necessary.
10. Participate in agency efforts to improve quality.
11. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employees will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Director, Coordinator, Rehab Therapist or their designee as needed.
- Free employee health insurance offered for applicable full time positions
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- A unique environment – we're an employee owned organization!
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website