Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
Central Star Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF) is a 16-bed facility that provides acute inpatient psychiatric services to adolescents clients ages 12 -17.
The Social Worker is the leader of each client's treatment team, and is responsible for preparing a comprehensive treatment plan for each client. This position manages the client's journey from intake, evaluation and assessment, the provision of case management and other therapeutic services, through discharge planning and final placement. This position coordinates with other agencies such as Child Protective Services, Juvenile Probation Department, and County Department of Mental Health.
Master's degree in psychology, social work, child care counseling or development, or other mental-health related field.
Two (2) years direct service experience with severely emotionally disturbed adolescents, in an inpatient health care setting preferred.
License or Certification
LMFT, LCSW, and LPCC.
Ability to physically perform containment, escort, and restraint procedures with assaultive adolescents.
Ability to physically assist in lifting and carrying assaultive adolescents weighing up to 200 lbs.
Ability to visually and audibly assess adolescent's behavior and needs.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS:
Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category I)
1. Prepare a comprehensive written psychosocial evaluation and assessment for in-coming clients.
2. Lead treatment team meetings and is responsible for a coordinated treatment plan for each client.
3. Provide individual and family psychotherapy. May lead or co-lead psychotherapy, psycho-educational and therapeutic activity groups. Provide consultation as needed with families on issues regarding admission, discharge and aftercare plans.
4. Responsible for permanency planning including: assessing client's readiness for discharge; coordinating planning with treatment team; making appropriate referrals for placement, case management and aftercare services; and coordinating benefits with Business Office personnel.
5. Prepare and submit client documentation in EMR.
- Free employee health insurance offered for applicable full time positions
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- A unique environment – we're an employee owned organization!
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website