Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
Assists in the coordination, delivery and administration of agency training programs.
Bachelor's degree in a social services field.
2 years of relevant work experience in a mental health field; experience with children/adolescents and their families preferred.
Training experience highly desirable.
License or Certification
Valid California Driver's License.
- Ability to physically perform and train ProACT.
- Ability to sit for long periods and engage in repetitive writing and computer entry activity.
- Ability to stand and deliver presentations.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
- Potential for eye strain from computer screen and minor lacerations from paper cuts.
- Repetitive movements – writing and typing.
- Interaction with potentially assaultive youth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and conducts training programs:
- Orientation for new hires
- Essential Learning
- Specialized clinical trainings
- Programmatic trainings
- Maintains and audits staff training records to ensure that the agency is in compliance with mandatory training requirements.
- Coordinates training materials and sign in sheets for all completed trainings.
- Organizes outside trainings.
- Provides on going technical assistance to staff for Essential Learning issues.
- Collaborates with Leadership and the Regional Director of Training on specialized training projects.
- Attends at least one program meeting per month to assess training needs and make recommendations of trainings to meet program needs.
- Participates in the agency's and SBHG's Total Quality Management and Continuous Quality Improvement systems which support compliance with Joint Commission and other accreditation standards as applicable.
- Participates in TQM activities as requested including CQI subcommittees, probes, peer review, audit and/or tracer activities as appropriate.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employees will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Regional Director of Training or their designee(s) as needed.
- Free employee health insurance offered for applicable full time positions
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- A unique environment – we're an employee owned organization!
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website