Ziegler Capital Management is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join it's small but growing accounting team. In this role, the Accountant I will process and/or review banking and commission invoices sent to client(s), prepare month end related journal entries, reconciliations, analyze various financial balance sheet and p/l schedules and prepare various regulatory reporting schedules. The Accountant I may perform many or all of these duties for both internal and external reporting. The ideal candidate will have a strong accounting background and experience with general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares daily reconciliations of bank accounts and the weekly cash report following up on all exceptions/issues.
- Assists with month-end prep and closing responsibilities of financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Audits vouchers (including verifying calculations and confirming supporting documentation) submitted for reimbursement to determine adherence to company restrictions and to determine if costs are allowable.
- Provides financial operations support to multiple business segments.
- Posts transactions involving cash receipts, disbursements and/or accounts payable, and accounts receivable to general ledger.
- Develops a strong understanding of the accounts receivable client billing process; applying incoming payments to invoices, researches and resolves billing issues to maintain accuracy in customer accounts.
- Monitors A/R aging summary to ensure timely receipt of payments and commission disbursement.
- Manages all aspects of accounts payable processes including new vendor set up, vendor requests, and internal approvals, timely processing of invoices, posting transactions to general ledger and preparing A/P account reconciliations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 0-1 years of accounting and/or finance experience required; 3-5 years preferred.
- General ledger experience a plus.
- Firm understanding of accounting concepts and principles with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, allocate resources, prioritize workflow, and organize efficiently to consistently meet deadlines.
- Understand and comply with all regulations, including the Community Reinvestment Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.
- Ability to use mathematics to solve problems and arrive at correct answers.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as work independently, research and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Apply on company website