Responsible for administering, maintaining the health, and enhancing both Client and Advisor Facing Applications focusing on the Wealth/Private Client Group applications primarily used by the Wealth/PCG business unit and external clients; and playing an active role, in larger firm initiatives. A detail oriented, ambitious team player that meets deadlines, solves problems, gathers requirements, and completes projects in a timely manner to help the firm grow. Always ensure Stifel's applications are exceeding the needs of both Clients and Advisors. General guidelines/instructions are provided but employee exercises some discretion in selecting method of work and sources of information; only unusual or unfamiliar situations are referred to supervisor; review typically occurs at the conclusion of assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translate business goals/expectations into specific objectives, and those objectives then into detailed business requirements, specifications and processes.
- Ability to evoke and translate information from a variety of sources into meaningful content that is directly applicable to the project.
- Ability to understand the needs of the Business Owner, Development staff, Quality Assurance team, and project manager(s) to ensure the project is completed in a timely and accurate manor.
- Understands expectations that were set with Front Office users and/or clients and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery. Can then communicate instance both vertically and horizontally throughout firm/department.
- Understand the regulatory or business need required on various applications.
- Anticipates client needs before they arise and presents solutions to management that encompass issues at hand.
- Can define a complete and accurate test plan by identifying testing conditions, use cases, exception basis, testing resources and script execution timeframes.
- Improves upon existing approaches and applications by seeking opportunities to creatively transform current industry and regulatory practices to fresh alternative solutions.
- Follows through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with fellow team members.
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- May occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- Above average amount of bending and crawling as needed for installation.
- Some travel by car and/or air in conjunction with local, regional and/or national travel, up to 20%.
- Must be available to work outside of normal business hours as needed
- Bachelors degree required
- 1-3 years related experience required
- Series 7 and 66/63 license preferred but not required (position offers opportunity to obtain)
- Able to clearly communicate in verbal/non-verbal and written forms to articulate themselves.
- Able to have clear, professional and open dialogue with team members, other departments, partners/vendors, and direct management.
- Having an understanding that we are not in a stale environment and being willing and able to accept and adapt to change.
- Able to shift priorities based on need and as situations warrant. Doesn't throw up roadblocks to change.
- Results oriented. Willing to do whatever is needed to get the job done.
- Focuses on the end result and ensuring that appropriate time and resources are allocated to attain the end result.
- Demonstrates the ability to work together in a collaborative way.
- Willing to sacrifice personal gain for achievement of the overall team. Able to put personal differences to the side to ensure that the team climate is not jeopardized.
- Demonstrates the ability to build relationships both inside and outside of individual team. Demonstrates the ability to use relationships to advance projects or work that needs to be completed.
- Able to focus on actions needed to improve own work/competencies and takes action on the development areas necessary. Willingly accepts feedback and looks to continuously advance skillset/competencies.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It may or may not involve actually solving the problem.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Considering the relative cause and effect of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Managing one's own time and priorities to ensure the meeting of deadlines.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in spoken or written form so that others will understand.
- Able to create plans to ensure work gets completed.
- Able to organize themselves to ensure that processes are followed and work is completed in a timely manner.
- Able to set and adjust priorities, tasks and deadlines based on severity and urgency of departmental and firm-goals.
- Willingness to assist in urgent situations whenever required; goes to understanding and setting of priorities.
- Must be flexible.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website