Stifel Bank & Trust is looking for a motivated, self-starter who has a proven ability to build relationships and work in a fast paced, collaborative environment. In this role, the Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant will provides support to multiple loan officers to enhance the overall effectiveness of each Loan Officer while balancing service, quality and compliance and relationship building. The ideal candidate will have mortgage experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates communication between loan officer, client, real estate agents, wholesale lenders, and title companies.
- Manages pipeline schedules and deadline times on all loans.
- Runs pipeline and closed loan summary reports.
- Prices and lock loans per loan officer requests.
- Pulls credit per loan officer requests.
- Maintains and update client data base information.
- Inputs loan application information.
- Performs automated underwriting.
- Works closely with processors, closers, underwriters and loan officers.
- Attends and conduct loan closings.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years' administrative experience required.
- Understands and complies with mortgage industry regulations, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Community Reinvestment Act, Truth-in-Lending laws, etc.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, spread sheets, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Stifel Bank is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Apply on company website