Stifel Bank & Trust is looking to add seasoned mortgage professionals to our growing team! In this role, the Senior Mortgage Loan Officer works to develop high volume and complex loan referrals from real estate agents, Stifel associates, past customers, builders, and other contacts to grow Stifel Bank & Trust. This position will also provide mentorship and guidance to the Mortgage Loan officers as well as the rest of the Mortgage loan team while properly balancing service, quality, compliance, and relationship building. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fun, fast paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information need to process the loan.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products to better meet customers' needs
- Coach and mentor Mortgage Loan Officers as well as the rest of the Mortgage Loan team.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex loan questions and issues.
- Support the Bank vision and align team members to support the vision of the Bank.
- Maintains customer confidence by following proper Bank processes to keep loan information confidential.
- 5- 7 years' experience in Mortgage sales required.
- B.S. or B.A. in Finance or related field required.
- NMLS required.
- Strong understanding of mortgage industry regulations, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Community Reinvestment Act, Truth-in-Lending laws, etc.
- Solid knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to understand the parts, causes and potential outcomes of issues and problems, and to implement information or formulate corrective actions.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of a Borrower.
- Solid business acumen with ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Stifel Bank is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Apply on company website