The Stifel Bank & Trust Mortgage team is looking for a service orientated individual with strong attention to detail to join a growing and dynamic team. The Mortgage Loan Processor processes and completes mortgage loan files while promoting service, quality, efficiency and compliance and is a critical part of the mortgage process. The ideal candidate will be adept at relationship building and have a strong ability to grow and foster relationships and have at least one year of mortgage processing experience and familiarity with Encompass. This position is located in Stifel Bank's Creve Coeur office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with Loan Officers, Loan Officer Assistance, Underwriters, other Processors and Closers to produce and close a quality and compliant loan
- Reviews and validates customer financial documents and loan conditions
- Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents
- Orders and reviews customer verifications and vendor orders
- Prepares mortgage loan file by reviewing loan the loan application; clarifying or obtaining additional information, identifies and resolves deficiencies as applicable. Notifies appropriate parties as necessary
- Validates DU/LP findings
- Approves or submits loan packages to underwriters for approval
- Prepares and delivers appropriate loan approval notices
- Provides general mortgage expertise to Residential Lending management, Mortgage Loan Services, and other departments
- Assists with clearing suspended loan conditions.
- High School required.
- 1 to 3 years/ related experience required.
- Understand and comply with mortgage industry regulations, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Community Reinvestment Act, Truth-in-Lending laws, etc.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Stifel Bank is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Apply on company website