The Stifel Bank & Trust Mortgage team is looking for a service orientated individual with strong attention to detail to join a growing and dynamic team. The Mortgage Loan Processor processes and completes mortgage loan files while promoting service, quality, efficiency and compliance and is a critical part of the mortgage process. The ideal candidate will be adept at relationship building and have a strong ability to grow and foster relationships. This position is located in Stifel Bank's Creve Coeur office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with Loan Officers, Loan Officer Assistance, Underwriters, other Processors and Closers to produce and close a quality and compliant loan
- Reviews and validates customer financial documents and loan conditions
- Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents
- Orders and reviews customer verifications and vendor orders
- Prepares mortgage loan file by reviewing loan the loan application; clarifying or obtaining additional information, identifies and resolves deficiencies as applicable. Notifies appropriate parties as necessary
- Validates DU/LP findings
- Approves or submits loan packages to underwriters for approval
- Prepares and delivers appropriate loan approval notices
- Provides general mortgage expertise to Residential Lending management, Mortgage Loan Services, and other departments
- Assists with clearing suspended loan conditions.
- High School required.
- 1 to 3 years/ related experience required.
- Understand and comply with mortgage industry regulations, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Community Reinvestment Act, Truth-in-Lending laws, etc.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Apply on company website