The Operations Associate II - Portfolio Trader is responsible for trading discretionary accounts within Stifel's internal advisory programs. The Portfolio Trader is responsible for all transactions associated with portfolio changes, model maintenance, periodic rebalancing, and monitoring accounts to ensure that model portfolios are being maintained. The Portfolio Trader is also responsible for providing platform support for the managed account trading platforms. The Portfolio Trader will collaborate with other Stifel departments to ensure completion of daily work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Trade new accounts based on model portfolios, while ensuring that trades are executed, average priced, and uploaded to the system.
- Perform cash and position drift review daily to determine if accounts need to be traded.
- Maintain model portfolios and percentage allocations for internally traded and model based portfolios.
- Trade additions, withdrawals, terminations and model changes for Stifel's internally traded and model based accounts to meet client requests.
- Complete operational reports in accordance with department procedures.
- Learn and develop a strong understanding for the trading platforms.
- Answer questions via phone and email and provide trading platform support; use tact, diplomacy and professional conduct at all times and demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Minimum Required: High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Desired: Undergraduate College degree
- Minimum Required: 1-2 years Operations, Trading or related experience
- Desired: 1-2 years Managed Account processing or trading experience
Minimum Required: Series 7, or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire
- Ability to learn general understanding of rules/regulations and Stifel policies that pertain to the department.
- Proven ability to resolve difficult situations/personnel issues using high level problem solving skills, sound judgment and reasoning in order to provide alternative solutions and/or conclusions.
- Advanced organizational, time management and prioritization skills to effectively handle multiple demands while meeting deadlines.
- Able to handle large workload that varies based on projects and heavy volume periods.
- Strong attention to detail to minimize trade error risk.
- Strong mathematical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Thorough understanding of Security APL and Vestmark Trading system, also of applicable BETA functions.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website