The Advisory Operations Account Services Team Lead performs a variety of higher level departmental duties requiring thorough knowledge of office management systems and procedures while assisting in training and cross-training of department associates. The Team Lead is a subject matter expert for associates and may be given responsibility over several job functions based on departmental processes and needs. The Team Lead is responsible for understanding the various tasks that are performed on a daily basis within the department and working with management to re-assign tasks based on changes in volume and/or personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives department assignment of work, coordinates and distributes/assigns the work among department Associates.
- Assists associates with resolution of more complex problems and escalated issues in a timely manner and in accordance with departmental policy and procedures.
- Assists with training and cross-training of associates.
- Key responsibilities in the development of department policies and procedures.
- Researches feasibility of various methodologies for process improvement.
- Assists areas of the department with various functions when volume is high or staffing levels are down.
- Provides input on Regulatory changes and assists in the implementation of new processes.
- Serves as an internal consultant to management as needed.
- Associate Degree or equivalent college coursework required.
- 5+ years of experience within the financial services industry required.
- Series 7 desired.
- Significant industry and/or trading knowledge with the ability to interpret and apply industry rules and regulations.
- Exemplary teamwork and leadership skills with the ability to train and mentor others within the department.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access running SQL query reports and understating the results.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website