Stifel's TWP group is looking for an enthusiastic, service oriented individual to join our unique team. As a member of the Venture Services Team, the Venture Services Operations Specialist performs all operational functions related to venture distributions and transactions. The ideal candidate will be professional, detail oriented, flexible and have a basic understanding of rule 144 as well as the stock transfer process. Candidates must have their Series 7, Series 63 and/or Series 66.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with venture fund clients on operational issues surrounding large and complex venture distribution transactions
- Facilitate all aspects of restricted stock settlement from the initial venture distribution through the final distribution of proceeds.
- Assist in contacting venture distribution participants with distribution information.
- Perform operational and administrative functions for venture distribution client-related requests (i.e., check requests, wiring funds, address changes, account instructions, etc.).
- Coordinate legal opinions with company counsels, developing strong relationships.
- Demonstrate expertise with restricted stock regulations and procedures including SEC Rule 144.
- Ensure the accurate delivery and settlement of multiple venture distribution transactions, including preparing detailed reports to coordinate with back office.
- Coordinate with Transfer Agents on clearing and transferring restricted stock certificates in order to settle trades in a timely manner.
- Provide reports and other information to the Venture Services Manager as needed.
- Identify situations that need to be brought to the attention of the Venture Services Manager or escalated to the Branch Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years of college or business school preferred
- 2 years investment industry experience required
- 5 years investment industry experience preferred
- Series 7 and 63 or 66 required
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website