To Lead or Manage Ford EDS Program. Responsibilities will include leading engineering resources, interfacing with customer [PAT's, PMT's, TDR's], developing programs plans, developing/supporting DVP&R plans, leading design reviews and match checks.
- Coordinate 100% on-time print release for all Build Phases as identified in SEWS development timing plan.
- Achieve internal design / development expectations through Product Realization Process.
- Coordinate/facilitate manufacturing design reviews / master sample reviews Create/maintain Design Issues list (Bucket List) and lead meetings for all build phases.
- Comprehend / mark up / sign off 2D WH drawings.
- Perform cost management to ensure all costs are documented in WERS [CR's & alerts] and communicated with sales / BP.
- Good communication, time management and interpersonal skills required, support day-to-day activities/customer requests.
- Participate / support cross functional team meetings / Document / track / distribute lessons learned.
- Interface directly with external customer - PMT, PAT, customer engineers and launch team.
- Interface with systems engineers and 3D designers to develop and validate WH designs.
- Be fully capable to navigate thru WERS and initiate/process Concerns, Notices and Alerts.
- Manage design changes through weekly change management meetings and CMM distribution.
- Bachelor degree along with 8-10 years progressive experience including 2-4 years in a supervisory capacity.
- 4-year BSEE/BSME or equivalent degree with experience as a WH Release Engineer.
- 6 + WH (EDS Engineer) experience (Ford experience preferred).
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo's continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.** An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply on company website