The Buyer is part of the Advanced Purchasing and Strategic Sourcing Department responsible for the procurement of exclusive components that SEWS uses to produce an OEM pre-production activity. This activity supports North American Business Unit preproduction new business. This buyer shall locate all necessary components, request quotes for each part that SEWS shall use to produce any such pre-production activity for a customer. This buyer shall track all transactions and confirm that maturation requirements will be met. The buyer will communicate with engineering to determine requirements and assure that such requirements are understood and maintained. This position shall oversee all distribution of procured inventories to those individuals approved to receive such distributions of inventories. This buyer shall also assist in the preparation of budget requirement, and maintenance of responsible inventories. This buyer shall also assist in the procurement of special request and inventories required for evaluation and potential use.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Business or similar field. Minimum of Associates degree require for the position.
- 1 - 3 years of Purchasing and or Planning background.
- Skilled in computers. Shall be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Shall possess good communication skills and be able to travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locate suppliers for all parts SEWS will use to produce a customer order.
- Issue Request for Quote (RFQ) to supplier or manufacturer.
- Maintain detailed information from RFQ issued to potential suppliers
- Determine suppliers for SEWS related activities to support customer related activities.
- Prepare requisitions for approval for inventories that shall be required and the distribution of purchase orders for inventories needed to approved suppliers.
- Track all sourced request.
- Maintain detailed records of requisitions and purchase orders issued. These records should contain supplier information, parts purchased, quantity purchased, piece price paid, requested delivery, delivered quantity and date received, general ledger code used to make purchase, project and event requiring such inventories. This log shall also contain tracking information with notes about status of any po from creation to completion.
- Understand maturation requirement for customer required events.
- Provide support to customers with their request. This requires being able to cross reference and determine that our customers receive the correct part and design level.
- Confirm request and approve or deny distribution of inventories requested by customer(s).
- Perform quarterly inventory maintenance on prototype inventories, and determine disposition of inventories.
- Research and create list of exclusives per customer project. Be able to locate suppliers and inventories to support SEWS activities.
- Support Customer Service Centers in supporting customer request.
- Use data collected from transaction(s) to support explanation of budget status and activities
- Assist in establishing the sample material budget.
- Support code information and pricing confirmation to accounting for invoice closure.
- Support new business activities that allows Sumitomo to seek out new opportunities.
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo's continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.** An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply on company website