Performs buying assignments of complex nature. Purchases items at the lowest price consistency with quality, delivery, quantity and specification requirements. Negotiates terms, prices and delivery of items to meet SEWS internal demand. Records savings and maintains records of purchases.
Basic Position Duties
- Searches continuously for improved and/or less costly materials and supply methods within the classification(s) assigned
- Maintains good company image and supplier relations through daily ethical business interaction
- Tacks cost savings results and provides to Purchasing Admin for monthly report to Procurement Manager
- Completes requisition to PO procedure by selecting vendor, obtaining price, terms, FOB and delivery; confirms results to requisitioner
- Manages and oversees special projects as assigned by Manager
- Responsible for maintaining and improving sources of supply using progressive purchasing skills
- Minimum travel only as required for this position (less than 10%)
- Maintains good working relationship between SEWS co-workers and suppliers
- Maintains professional office environment through 6S principles
- May perform other non-purchasing duties as assigned by Management
- Associates Degree required, Business Administration or related field preferred
- 1-3 years of strong Purchasing/Planning background
- Working knowledge of computers and major software packages, including Microsoft Office and strong Excel skill
- Able to work in team environment
- Regular travel required
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive job description but describes the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual assigned to this position. The department manager may at times change or add to the above duties.
Note: Associates interested in this position should submit a résumé to their Human Resources Department. An indication of interest in a position by an Associate does not ensure the Associate will be considered for the position. Other Associates who do not indicate an interest in the position may be selected by the company to fill the position. There is not a requirement that an internal candidate be awarded a position over an outside candidate.
Display Date April 12, 2021 Date to be removed April 18, 2021
Human Resources Approval Brisa Ramirez, HR Manager
* A “Career Opportunity” notice is a courtesy notification to Associates that an opening exists in an exempt salaried position in the classification of Manager and below or in a non-exempt technical position.
Apply on company website