SEWS—El Paso Customer Service Center (Eastside)
Customs Analyst (Split Shift)
The Customs Analyst assists with preparing Mexican Custom documents for southbound shipments, also audit export documentation and handle MRO shipments and Customs documents.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare Mexican Customs documents (DODAS) for southbound shipments, using our Customs system 2TS, and also generate Mexican Customs documents (Factura, COVES and Consulado) if needed.
- Generate electronic U.S. Manifests (EEI) or request it to our US Customs Broker NCH
- Create the RHC Form for finished goods returned to Mexico and send it to the manufacturing plants for follow up
- Input shipment information in RMMS-ECSC to generate ASNs
- Audit export documentation package (Customs section) to ensure all documents have been issued properly
- Prepare Inbound set of documents (7512, DODA, yellow sheet) and delivery to the driver. Ensure the driver signs the Inbound Notification yellow sheet, and direct him/her to enter the Inbound lane at the bridge and export the Inbound document 7512
- Contact Mexico Customs Departments (Aduanas CONTEC, ATR & K&S) to request Pedimento numbers
- Follow up shipments of chemical products with our Customs Brokers and provide SDS if required
- Coordinate with ECSC MRO staff, the shipments of machinery, equipment, tooling, and other indirect material
- Assists Customs Coordinators in the efficient operation of the tasks assigned to Customs Department
- Availability to work on Saturdays when needed and switch work shift on a daily basis.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations and report any unsafe conditions to the supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor in Business Administration preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in import/export Customs operations (inbound shipments and bounded warehouses)
- Experience with US and Mexico Customs preparation of export documents
- Excellent communication skills, Bilingual English/Spanish fluency required
- Able to work under pressure and with time limit constraints
Proficient MS Office required (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint)
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo's continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.** An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply on company website