BASIC PURPOSE: This position would be responsible for leading and coordinating New Model activities (from early development until customer MP). Through NMR activities, summarize project status and report to customers (Honda/Suburu) and internal top management to ensure smooth mass production startup at Customer plants.
BASIC POSITION DUTIES:
- Lead and coordinate Customer activities through communication internally with SEWS related departments, SWS, Sumitomo plants in Mexico and other Asian countries as well as externally with customers.
- Summarize internal preparation status through internal activities and timely reports to Customer and Internal management to solve concerns and ensure smooth mass production startup at Sumitomo plants and customer.
- Coordinate design maturation of wire harness for new models, including VA/VE, internal design review, workability and quality improvement, communicate design freeze schedule and tooling maturation schedule, etc.
- Lead Engineering Sub-Committee for project planning, tracking and control of new models, full and minor model changes for Customer business.
- Lead Manufacturing locations with design evaluation (Assembly trial, Trial Parts check), VA/VE, wire tuning, process Kaizen, obsolescence avoidance, rework planning and service parts support.
- Lead project status presentations for customer, interface initial quotations for new business, negotiation of schedule with engineering and maturation activities (Design freeze, schedule, CRF, WHDF, etc)
- Confirm fit and function of wiring harnesses through internal evaluation (Assembly trial) and external evaluation at customer, aid the identification of product critical control points, and reviewing the design for quality.
- Supports the evaluation (DR) and implementation of new components and identification of suppliers, release of mass production tooling, approval of IPPAAR, ISR, PPAP for all local components.
- Prepare and sort advanced quality documentation for Customer and OEM business, including PFMEA, APQP, SAP, TSS (Tooling Schedule Sheet), etc.
- Create work environment that is in compliance with TS16949/ISO9001 and ISO14001 along with other general responsibilities including individual targets.
- May work as a guest engineer at Honda R&D (temporary assignment for training purposes)
- Engineering Bachelor's Degree required (BSEE, BSME preferred).
- 1-3 years experience as project management in automotive business preferred.
- Japanese bilingual skills preferred.
- Travel domestically as well as internationally required.
- Team oriented with excellent communication skills and strong motivation for challenging tasks.
Apply on company website