SEWS—El Paso Customer Service Center (Eastside)
Material Planner II
The Material Planner II purpose is to procure mass production of raw material required for wire harness business in GPP and Mexico, while balancing physical inventory and preventing line shutdowns.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review of MRP and release of weekly purchase orders to assigned vendor base as required per production plan loaded into MPS on a weekly basis. Includes communication with Service Centers and Production Planning for issuance of e-PO's if necessary.
- Maintain safety stock and adequate levels of inventory available at warehouse to support mass production assembly.
- Review, release and interpret forecast information to assigned vendor base.
- Review of backorders and issuance of Supplier Delivery Non Conformance and Payment Deduction Notice to vendor base.
- Follow up of new model vehicles and placement of prototype orders for trial and mass production startups. Follow up of build out models and keeping obsolescence to zero or minimum quantities also required.
- Inform production plants of material arrivals and/or advise of any potential problems that production can encounter.
- Generation of forecast report, inventory report, obsolescence control, downtime and others as needed.
- Provide implementation dates for new components on ECN/CCR to Design section to start up a new component and pashing out old components to avoid obsolescence.
- Assigning of carriers (FedEx/UPS/DHL) when expediting. Tracking and follow up of shipments is required to avoid downtime at plants. Monitor and maintain freight costs as established by Material Control Management.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 3 – 5 years progressive experience in material control.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations required in order to understand material flow and problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work with deadlines, positive attitude and team player.
- Proficient MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) required.
- Effective analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Negotiating skills a must.
- Some travel (domestic and international) required.
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo's continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.** An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply on company website