BASIC POSITION DUTIES: The Planner is responsible for production planning, purchasing of raw materials, purchasing of parts, and customer service in assigned sections and production lines. Persons in this position will execute these functions to meet on time delivery targets, production targets, and profit targets as directed by management.
• Prepare production schedules to ensure customer orders ship on time and maintain desired safety stock.
• Prepare production plans projecting capacity requirements for all productions areas.
• Responsible for requesting all customer forecasts, maintaining data in BPCS, and supplying forecasts to vendors.
• Create schedule for subcontractor production, create shop orders, schedule/ order child parts and track performance of subcontractors.
• Generate Purchase Orders to ensure customer orders ship on time, manufacturing has the raw materials and purchased parts they need on time and maintain desired safety stock of purchased items. Negotiate with suppliers for due dates and quantities.
• Negotiate ship timing, resolve disagreements with Customer information in they system.
• Receive and confirm Customer orders. Resolve order errors, quality issues, and due date concerns.
• Works with other members of PC, Manufacturing, Engineering, Business Planning, Quality, Maintenance, Sales, Purchasing, Accounting, Customers and Suppliers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in related field.
• 5 to 7 years progressive material or production control planning responsibility.
• Experience with MRP system and inventory control.
• Proficient in Microsoft office programs – Outlook, Excel, Word.
• Highly skilled in oral and written communication.
Apply on company website