DescriptionNew Pay Rates and Sign on Bonus up to $10,000
Do you have the career opportunities as a Certified Surgical Technologist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Summerville Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
Summerville Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Surgical Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Surgical Technologist, in collaboration with the surgical team and under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, assumes responsibility for the care and safety of the perioperative patient, instrumentation, supplies, and equipment during surgical and other invasive and non-invasive procedures. The Surgical Technologist ensures effective communication with the circulator, the surgeon, the patient and their family, as well as the other members of the surgical team.
What you will do in this role:
- You will set up and manage instruments, equipment, and supplies for all surgical procedures
- You will be responsible for maintaining a sterile field while passing instrumentation during an invasive procedure
- You will perform appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed
- You will assist in patient positioning, transporting, and obtaining needed equipment
- You will clean and prepare instruments for terminal sterilization
- You will assist in prepping room for the next patient
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited school of Surgical Technologist or Certificate of Completion of the Operating Room Specialist Course from the Military is required
- A Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) is required in the South Carolina hospitals
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- One to two years of OR CST experience is required
Summerville Medical Center is a 120+ bed hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics and women's service, including “home-like” birthing suites. Surgical services offered include orthopedic, reflux, robotic and weight loss surgeries. Summerville Medical Center is a five-star recipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safety outcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data featured in the Healthgrades 2019 report to the Nation.
The city of Summerville is where charm and southern hospitality blend gracefully with a modern and progressive atmosphere. Summerville, SC is rich in history with a focus on economic development that preserves the past while building for the future. Summerville is recognized as a nurturing community, where children can grow and develop. Minutes from historical Charleston and the beaches, our world-class sports venues and superior schools make Summerville truly a special place to work, live and play.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Surgical Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website