Summit Place of Mooresville is a beautiful community in Mooresville, NC, with more than 60 units offering assisted living and Alzheimer's care.Key Responsibilities
At this time, we are seeking a Full Time Bridge to Rediscovery Director for our Memory Care Unit to join our team!
- Develops and maintains a program which is therapeutic and age appropriate for the residents on the Bridge to Rediscovery Unit based on Montessori Based Dementia Programming principles.
- Implements and coordinates the Bridge to Rediscovery Program.
- Follows instructions and timelines for all Bridge to Rediscovery required documentation and specific form(s) completion.
- Develops Montessori Based Dementia Programs for various levels of resident ability, develops policies and procedures.
- Establishes Bridge to Rediscovery Program planning meetings with Unit staff to develop, review and/or update individualized resident program plans.
- Provides staff training for the Bridge to Rediscovery Program; Assists in determining appropriate staffing ratios.
- Completes staffing schedule for the Memory Care Unit and ensures staffing ratios are always in compliance.
- Licensed Nurse, Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, Bachelor's in Social Work or equivalent.
- Must have experience with program development and design for residents with Alzheimer's and Related Disorders.
- Must have experience in providing staff with leadership and guidance.
- Must have minimum of one year's current experience working with individuals that have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's or other related disease and reside in a secure standard environment.
- Current experience must include the understanding and ability to implement the appropriate standards and safety measures for a Unit.
- Must be able to successfully teach and mentor others on the techniques, standards and requirements for the care of residents with Alzheimer's and Related Disorders.
- Must have completed training in Alzheimer's, Dementia and Related Disorders as required by state/federal regulations, and successfully complete the Bridge to Rediscovery Train the Trainer Program after employment occurs and actively apply the principles.
DaytimeOur Core Values
• We Put People First
• We Act With Integrity
• We Mind the Business
• We Listen, Then Act Decisively
• We Work to be Our Best
About Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website