Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate APRN to work in collaboration with a Medical Director or an IDT physician, acts as a team member for hospice patients in the home care, nursing or assisted living setting as well as support for the Hospice on call responsibilities of the Physician Services Department. The APRN is responsible for evaluating and coordinating patient/family needs to enable preventative and supportive care. He/she may provide attending physician services, symptom management consultation or perform an assessment related to onging eligibilty for hospice services, in addition to providing evaluation of disease progression and symptom control. The APRN utilizes assessment, intervention, and teaching skills to maximize patient comfort and to enhance the quality of life the the patient/family unit. The APRN collaborates with the multidisciplinary team and the hospice physician to assure that the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of patient/family are met.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As an APRN with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education: Master's Degree in Nursing or a related field.
• Licensure: Current Florida license as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, certified in a practice area (if applicable to departmental requirements).Active DEA License.
• Certifications: CPR required
• NPI provider and ability to bill CMS services or ability to obtain same (if applicable to departmental requirements).
• Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience required.
• Minimum of two (2) year experience as an APRN with experience in adult, gerontology, or oncology practice preferred.
• Experience with symptom management and pain management is highly preferred.
• Strong communication and assessment skills.
• Valid Florida driver's license and automobile insurance as per agency policies
• Ability to make home/residence visits
• Basic keyboarding and computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word or comparable programs
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
8am-5 pm and other after hours needs for call
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website