Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Empath Home Health is a nonprofit provider of comprehensive home health care services based in Pinellas County. As a member of Empath Health, our focus is helping homebound patients and their caregivers manage their illness or condition and enjoy a better quality of life.
Work Hours - Schedule as follows:
Monday - Friday 1pm - 6pm
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Care Navigator PRN to be responsible coordinating service inquiries within the Empath Health Care Continuum and provides information regarding other community resources as appropriate. Maintains excellence in customer service by being caring, compassionate and responsive to the needs of patients, physicians, families and community agencies. Keeps patient/family-centered services at the forefront while providing excellent listening skills and empathy. Exceeds customer expectations.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Care Navigator PRN with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with patients/families, providers, direct co-workers and peers.
• Excellent multi-tasking and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent typing and computer input skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (MS Outlook, Word, Excel), Suncoast Solutions preferred.
• Knowledge of HIPAA compliance regulations.
• Basic knowledge of non-hospice related healthcare and community resources.
• Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
• Basic knowledge of healthcare reimbursement.
• Expected to assist (within reason) if Intake coverage is needed outside of a normal shift.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website