Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice Foundation, a member of Empath Health is currently seeking a Director of Donor Engagement to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The Director of Donor Engagement works closely with the Director of Philanthropy and Individual Giving Team to plan and implement strategy for individual annual, major, planned and special, targeted giving programs through strategic donor relationship management (cultivate, solicit, steward, upgrade) to meet short and long term goals of the organization. Working with Individual Giving Team members, the Director of Donor Engagement develops strategy to increase donor giving through small group and individual face to face cultivation and solicitation efforts and provides support to the Director of Philanthropy.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care
As a Director of Donor Engagement with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university (Masters and or CFRE preferred); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Superior interpersonal communication, both oral and written, required
• Experience and proficiency with moves management.
• Excellent organizational skills required
• Fundraising experience required and related work experience, including working with volunteers and leading committees
• Willing to be hands-on in a role that is demanding and requires a high level of energy and non-regular work schedules.
• Experience and proficiency with The Raiser's Edge and all Microsoft systems including Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
• Ability to create and write proposals, presentations, foundation grants and donor materials including development of case for support materials.
• Requires ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize assignments in a timely manner to complete assignments when faced with competing deadlines.
• Commitment to the ideals and mission of Empath Health and its affiliate programs
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website