Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced and detail oriented Environmental Services Technician PRN to provide clean, sanitary, comfortable, orderly, and satisfying surroundings for the residents, employees, and public. The Housekeeper promotes sanitary conditions which prevent the spread of infection and odors. Housekeeper may be required to perform tasks which involve exposure to visible blood contamination. The housekeeper must follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, and disposing in accordance with the OSHA Blood-Borne Pathogen Standards.
9am-5pm, 7am-530, 10am-730pm
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As an Environmental Services Technician PRN with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• Minimum of 18 years of age or older.
• Must be able to lift, carry, walk, sit, push and pull.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Must be able to move continuously during work hours and able to perform heavy lifting as needed.
• Must be able to read and write English to follow instructions and understand and identify chemicals from their labels.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website