Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
EPIC (Empath Partners in Care) is a nonprofit provider of medical case management, counseling and pharmacy services to Tampa Bay area residents with HIV. As a member of Empath Health, our focus is helping clients achieve treatment success so they can live a healthy life, providing support to caregivers and family members and educating the community on the prevention of HIV.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Intensive Case Manager (ICM) to provide direct support to clients identified through referral sources who are recently diagnosed with HIV. The target population will be specified in grant requirements. The ICM will maintain a small, transitional caseload, not to exceed 35 clients. This position will be required to perform multiple functions of the program including but not limited to outreach, linkage, testing and education. The goal of this position is to engage individuals who are HIV positive into care and treatment, including newly diagnosed individuals and those who have fallen out of care. This position is a grant funded position.
Other essential functions and responsibilities of this position include:
• Provide assessments of the client's needs and personal support systems, development of an individualized needs assessment and service plan, coordinate services to implement the plan, monitor the efficacy of the plan and periodically re-evaluate the plan as related to clients' on-going needs. Link client to community resources.
• Empower client with support, education and community resources to access the services needed to fulfill the needs identified on client's needs assessment. In addition, advocate for the client within all available resources to obtain services to meet client needs.
• Educate target populations on all aspects of HIV/AIDS transmission factors, prevention and state of the art HIV/AIDS information. Maintain personal knowledge of HIV/AIDS medical and medication updates.
• Maintain familiarity/working relationship with community resources, Hospice and ASAP staff at all times. Work cooperatively with supervisory staff and participate and respond to supervision as required.
• Work cooperatively and professionally with clients, their families, significant others and service providers.
• Maintain current knowledge of confidentiality laws and requirements concerning HIV+ individuals; attend HIV/AIDS trainings as designated and participate in job-related self-development.
• Maintain all program documentation and client records in an accurate and timely manner including consequent computer training in web/internet research and case management information systems.
• Must be able to work within the office team setup to provide client crisis intervention, staff coverage and be willing to share office responsibilities as designated.
• Work assigned scheduled hours unless otherwise adjusted with HIV Services Manager and/or the Director of HIV Services.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As an Intensive Case Manager with Empath Health, you must be client-focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving the HIV/AIDS community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current driver's license, automobile insurance and accessibility to a vehicle
• Flexibility to work an alternative work schedule that includes nights and weekends
• Flexibility to attend meetings and training which may fall outside the regularly assigned work hours
• Excellent communication skills and ability for detail
• Experience at working both independently and in a team oriented collaborative environment
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and alternative sexual orientations to include the Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual and Transgendered Communities.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website