Southern Home Health is currently seeking a Private Duty Home Health Aide who will be responsible for providing personal care and tasks related to the activities of daily living. The Private Duty Aide should be able to respond sensitively to patient/family needs by observing and reporting any changes, including physical, spiritual, social and emotional, to the Private Duty Manager.
Morning and evening shifts available,
Start Times are 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm, shift duration is 1-5 hours.
We have positions available in different locations throughout the Pinellas County area.
• Experience: One to three months related experience and/or training preferred.
o Valid Florida State Driver's License
o Home Health Aide certification with minimum of 40 hours completed.
o Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
o Minimum of 2 hours Alzheimer's Training
o Minimum of 2 hours Self-Administered Medication Administration
• Continuing education: Meets State/Federal certification guidelines.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• Employee must have a smartphone and access to a computer.
• Employee must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee's HR file.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
***Multiple shifts available***
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website