Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Human Resources Generalist to join our team. At Empath Health, the Senior Human Resources Generalist manages Employee Relations, Workers' Compensation, unemployment claims, OSHA compliance, employment law compliance, and leaves of absences for the organization. The HR Generalist is responsible for coaching and counseling management and employees on workplace policies and practices; conducting complaint and compliance investigations in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws; ensuring proper documentation; and developing and promoting programs to encourage and retain a productive workforce.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five (5) years HR experience required with 5 years experience in Employee Relations preferred.
• Two (2)+ years experience in Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Claims, and Leaves of Absence preferred.
• Certifications: PHR or SPHR strongly preferred.
• Must have current knowledge of applicable state and federal employment laws.
• Employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee's HR file.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website