DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
For more than three decades, Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas has been Nevada's largest, most comprehensive children's hospital dedicated to caring for infants, children, adolescents and expectant mothers. As the leading neonatal, pediatric, and maternal provider in the region, we partner with physicians and hospitals throughout the Southwest to offer the most comprehensive and advanced health programs as well as access to sub-specialties. Sunrise Children's Hospital provides advanced pediatric and neonatal medicine to the residents of Southern Nevada and the surrounding region. Located near the Las Vegas strip, Sunrise Children's Hospital offers 24/7 pediatric emergency services in our ER just for kids. In addition to pediatric cardiology, Sunrise Children's Hospital also features Nevada's largest, most comprehensive 72-Bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), 24-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), and 14-bed inpatient pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU), the only one of its kind in Nevada today. The CICU is a 12,000 square-foot unit dedicated to the treatment of congenital heart defects, heart rhythm disturbances and heart disease in infants and children.
As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility (701 beds), Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center has been recognized with the following awards and accreditations:
- Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years
- Joint Commission Accredited
- American Stroke Association Get with The Guidelines Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award
- CARF Accredited Rehabilitation Unit
- Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to Work For
Join us as we achieve our Mission Statement:
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center and Sunrise Children's Hospital are dedicated to providing an unparalleled level of measurable quality in the delivery of cost-effective, integrated healthcare services that are responsive to the needs of our patients, physicians, employees, and community.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Critical Care Float Pool Charge Nurse to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Charge Nurse is responsible for the provision of patient care delivered on a nursing unit. The Charge Nurse is accountable for and has the authority to make decisions to promote quality patient care on their nursing unit. The Charge Nurse is expected to apply hospital policies and procedures, as well as Standards of Care in the provision and supervision of patient care using the nursing process.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- BSN graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum of 1 year Critical Care nursing experience in acute care facility required
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Nevada required
- BLS required
- Specialty Certification where required; example: Chemotherapy; ACLS; PALS
- Creative problem solving skills using critical thinking, active listening skills and empathy; role models this behavior in others
- Adheres to and promotes proactive patient, personal and facility safety
- Consistently demonstrates a professional approach to open and honest communication skills
- Delegation skills in receiving and assigning responsibilities
- Promotes positive customer service with a patient and family centered care philosophy
- Seeks opportunities to improve care or system process; incorporates performance improvement principles and data
- Mentors staff in improving individual practice; coaches subordinates as required
- Supports and contributes to the success of the hospital's mission and vision
- Meets Standard of Practice and Care using established policies and procedures of the facility
- Maintains a collegial responsibility for team building on all levels including knowledge sharing and educating
- Monitors and ensures care is delivered with an awareness to resource management
- Promotes active case management of the patient's healthcare process for all patients under supervision
- Maintains and role models a leadership role in interacting with colleagues, physicians, guests, patients and vendors
- Perform duties and responsibilities of all lesser included jobs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Promotes positive customer service with colleagues, physicians, guests, patients and vendors
- Demonstrates effective conflict resolution and service recovery skills
- Maintains Charge Nurse and unit specific competencies
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website