"Sunrise is the best place that I've ever worked, simply because of the people. We provide quality care in an environment that feels like home. Our focus is doing what's right for the resident. For me, that's a big breath of fresh air."
- Sunrise Leader
The Lead Care Manager functions as the lead to a group of Care Managers/ "Designated Care Managers" during the shift. The Lead Care Manager ensures quality care and services are being provided and documented, in a consistent manner and in alignment with each resident's individualized Service Plan (ISP) and Sunrise policies, to residents in our care neighborhoods. The Lead Care Manager leads by example in all job responsibilities, and may work variable hours to likely include some weekend and holiday duty.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Provide supervisory support by taking attendance at the beginning of every shift; managing call-offs/no shows; sending open shift messages and responding to shift requests
• Support team members as they provide Activities of Daily Living (ADL) care and services to residents in accordance with their Individualized Service Plans (ISP). This may include bathing, grooming, personal and dental hygiene, bowel and bladder functions, dressing, hair care, escorting to and from meals and activities and tidying residents room
• Support team members as they encourage personalized and meaningful resident participation in life enrichment programming and ADLs
• Assist with meal service in dining room. Coach team members on hospitality standards during meal service
• Accurately document care and services provided to residents. Review care manager documentation throughout shift. Identify and bridge gaps in documentation by coaching team members
• Ensure compliance with Sunrise's Timekeeping and Meal/Rest Period policies. Monitor team member break schedule and duration; ensure care managers clock in/out using correct job codes. Coach team members as required
• Display and encourage flexibility in work schedule by working holidays, evenings, weekends and additional shifts when necessary
• Prepare for shift by obtaining resident group assignments before care anagers arrive. Print and hand out daily assignment sheets to appropriate team members
• Participate in crossover meetings by sharing/receiving pertinent information with/from other Lead Care Managers
• Carry a resident group assignment on overnight shifts and pick up group assignments in the event of an unfilled call off on day and evening shifts
• Cross trained and credentialed (including certifications where required by state) to safely administer medications if needed during times of high volumn or unexpected absence
• Lead by example when clocking in/out and taking proper meal/rest breaks
• Participate in group interview process including job preview video and community tour
• Support onboarding of new team members including shadowing and skills demonstration
• Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents and guests by following established safety standards; actively support safety practices
• Report incidents and complete appropriate paperwork immediately
• Communicate any observed or suspected resident change of condition to the department care coordinator; assist care coordinators, when required, in development and/or updates to ISPs and communicating with residents and families
• Prevent and handle conflict by working with the team towards a solution. Communicate issues to department care coordinator when necessary
• Contribute to care manager annual performance review by providing feedback to department care coordinator
• Project a positive, professional and friendly image through action, words and dress
• High School diploma or GED strongly preferred and may be required per state regulations
• Ability to read, write, communicate effectively with Care Managers, Community Managers, residents and family members
• In states where appropriate, must maintain applicable certifications
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Medication Management Certificate required; ongoing training and re-education per Sunrise and state requirements
• Previous experience working with seniors and desire to serve and care for seniors
• Demonstrates leadership competencies
• Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles and interests
• Ability to make choices, decisions and to act in the residents' best interest
• Ability to appropriately react to and remain calm in difficult situations
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Competent in organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
• Competent in computer skills, Microsoft Office, and Sunrise applications with the ability to learn new applications
• As applicable, all Sunrise team members who drive a Sunrise vehicle must sign the Driver job description and understand the key essential duties for safety and regulatory compliance
Sunrise considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Sunrise Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. Some leadership roles are eligible to receive annual bonuses. All team members have the potential to receive spot bonuses and other incentive awards.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise. At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals. Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a certified Great Place to Work®
Apply on company website