The Sutter Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency Program (SSRFMRP) seeks qualified Family Physicians to join a seasoned and passionate faculty for the following Core Faculty positions:
1) Reproductive Health Director
2) Director of Musculoskeletal/Physical Medicine
3) General Core Faculty
4) Co-director of Inpatient Medicine
Any of these positions could include inpatient Adult Medicine or Labor and Delivery depending on the interests and skills of the applicant.
Location: Santa Rosa, California - Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital
Our residency is a Sutter-sponsored, community-based program affiliated with UCSF Department of Family and Community Medicine
The program consists of (36) outstanding residents, and an integrative medicine fellow in our thriving FQHC serving the diverse population of Sonoma County
We are proud to have a program with broad strengths including obstetrics and inpatient training, "opt-out" reproductive health training, culturally responsive care and an Integrative Medicine Fellowship
Along with a strong organizational focus on addressing and reducing disparities in health, healthcare and medical education, we are dedicated to diversifying our faculty to best meet the needs of our community and support a rich learning environment
We consistently attract outstanding medical students from around the nation and are proud to help form Family Physicians who are adept at serving diverse populations and can provide high quality, patient-centered care to the diverse patients of our county
- Will include direct outpatient care in our partner health center, clinical supervision, evaluation and advising of residents
- We are searching for a Family Physician who is dedicated to serving vulnerable populations in our FQHC and teaching our outstanding future Family Physicians to do the same
- Teaching experience preferred
- Spanish language proficiency preferred
- In addition to excellent clinical and teaching skills, we are seeking candidates with strong interest in engaging in our efforts to eliminate bias in medical care and medical education
Sutter Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency Program
The Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency (SSRFMRP) provides an advanced learning environment and is committed to educating outstanding physicians with a strong family medicine identity, grounded in science and guided by empathy and compassion.
Our program is a resident-driven, academically rigorous, innovative, and community-based program training full-spectrum family physicians serving a multicultural, multilingual group of underserved patients, with a humanistic approach to personal and professional development. We are advocates for social justice, the underserved, and universal health care to reduce suffering of individuals and families, vulnerable populations, and the greater community.
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits package
* It is the policy of the Sutter Bay Medical Foundation (SBMF), and its affiliated medical groups Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group (PAFMG), Sutter East Bay Medical Group (SEBMG), Sutter Medical Group of the Redwoods (SMGR), and Sutter West Bay Medical Group (SWBMG), to provide equal employment for all qualified individuals; to prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, disability or status as a veteran or a disabled veteran. We promote the full realization of equal employment opportunities through a positive continuing program within our service area. Equal employment opportunities apply to every aspect of SBMF employment policies and practices.
Located 55 miles north of San Francisco and 30 miles east of the Pacific Ocean, Santa Rosa is a warm and friendly city of 170,000 within Sonoma County, population 500,000. You will enjoy a unique blend of culture with exceptional art, wine, food, and recreation. Amenities include 400 wineries in Sonoma County, 27 golf courses, hot air ballooning, hiking, spas, river sports, and world-class cuisine. Sonoma County also has a professional symphony, excellent public and private schools, fantastic weather, and some of the most affordable housing in the Bay Area. You would live and work where others only dream of visiting.
Apply on company website