DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Hourly Wage Estimate: $29.12 - $45.68 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Swedish Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
At HCA/HealthONE we recognize the important role our Lab Departments play in our success. Our Lab teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Here is some of what you can expect from being an LIS Coordinator of Lab Services with us:
- You will maintain the Laboratory Information System
- You will provide hardware and software technical support to laboratory staff, trouble shoots miscellaneous problems
- You will contact and log problems with CPCS as required
- You will maintain laboratory LIS user access
- You will coordinate implementation of software and hardware upgrades
- You will maintain laboratory charge description master
- You will review and revise Laboratory Information System Policies and procedures to assure compliance with regulatory agency standards
- You will coordinate and maintain Order Entry Procedures for LAB, MIC, BBK procedures
- You will develop NPR reports as requested
- You will audit database edits
- You will correct billing batch rejections
- You will assist Laboratory Director as requested
Qualifications you will need for this role:
- ASCP, NCA, AMT, or HEW preferred
- A college graduate or equivalent who has passed a certification examination for Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist by ASCP Certification. NCA and ASCP Certification requires a B.A. or B.S. in Medical Technology or related field (Chemistry, Biology, etc.), and one-year internship or appropriate experience prior to examination. Associate degree and successful completion of an accredited MLT program, with ASCP Board Certification. Advance coursework in computer sciences or data processing recommended
- 2-3 years hospital clinical experience
Swedish Medical Center is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region's referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state's first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region's neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is a level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
Swedish Medical Center is proud to be a part of the HCA Healthcare's Continental Division, which includes HealthONE, named the #1 large hospital system in the United States by IBM Watson Health as part of the 15 Top Health Systems recognition process. And, as the #7 corporate philanthropist in the Denver-metro area, and the only hospital system in the top 10, HealthONE contributed more than $1.6 million in 2019 and supports over 150 organizations through cash and in-kind donations. Additional information is available at www.healthonecares.com
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website