Applies the tools developed in his or her own recovery as well as the philosophy and values of Intentional Peer Support to build a connection, consider world view, maintain mutuality, and move towards a new way of being within the new relationship being built with the individual. The Peer Support Specialist will collaborate, coach, and challenge individuals in viewing life's challenges as an opportunity for growth and change; within each individual's recovery process.
• Fully understands and is able to actively implement the three principles and four tasks of Intentional Peer Support.
• Models relationship building, based on the four tasks of peer support, with participants, volunteers and colleagues.
• Fully understands and is able to actively implement the Eight Dimensions of Wellness as described by SAMHSA.
• Models the attributes of respect, trust, sensitivity and confidentiality to participants, volunteers and colleagues.
• Provides support and models healthy relationships.
• Best practices and guidelines will be followed for each shift.
• High School diploma or equivalent is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
• Provisional CIPS Certification required within 12 months of hire date.
• State of Maine Certified Intentional Peer Support Specialist (CIPSS) Certification preferred.
• Meet the annual State of Maine requirements to maintain CIPSS Certification.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Self-identified mental health and/or substance use consumer.
• Paid, or unpaid, peer support experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Demonstrates understanding of Intentional Peer Support within 90 days of hire.
• Demonstrates knowledge of personal Recovery.
• Ability to be “emotionally present”; recognize when you are not, seek support, and communicate this to the assigned manager.
• Ability to work with diverse populations and accept differences in perspective and values.
• Basic computer skills including receiving and sending emails.
Sunday and Monday 12:00AM-8:00AM, 16 hours per week.
Apply on company website