An opportunity to join our Saco Clinic Team as a Medical Assistant. Our ideal candidate will utilize trauma informed practices and customer service to provide support to the psychiatric providers and patients, to ensure quality mental health and substance recovery medication management in a clinical setting. Will coordinate effectively with natural support and other providers, to ensure quality, care and documentation is delivered. Will coordinate with psychiatric providers to maintain productivity expectations and scheduling requirements, including meeting supervision expectations. Will support the residential programs in managing quality care and documentation.
- Provide customer service within established deadlines, consistent with organizational values, standards, and policies.
- Demonstrate leadership in Case-Coordination.
- Triage patient calls
- Manage incoming and outgoing patient and provider phone calls.
- Complete timely, professionally written, documentation.
- Use quality Collaborative Documentation to maintain insurance required documentation.
- Facilitate referrals to other needed services through the completion of a Service Update Document (SUD)
- Manage prior authorization requests and all program scheduling in coordination with Customer Service Representatives.
- Manage pharmacy relationships.
- Screen and respond to calls and communicate outcomes to providers to enhance coordination of care.
- Follow the fidelity of the Rapid Access engagement model and engage patients within the expectation of that model.
- Facilitate the discharge process for psychiatric providers
- Facilitate Treatment Plan reminders and discontinuations for psychiatric providers.
- Meet NNEPTN (Northern New England Practice Transformation) and Meaningful Use expectations
- Attend and actively participate in clinic staff meetings and in-services.
- Clinical skills – provide injections as ordered by provider and obtain necessary pre-appointment vital signs and document results.
- Facilitate basic laboratory tests.
- Coordinate and work in concert with clinic RN and administrative staff in meeting all medical/psychiatric needs across campus.
Successful completion of a medical assistant program from an accredited vocational institution or community college and/or certification with the AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants).
1-2 years of experience as a medical assistant preferred.
Experience with EHR
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Ability to demonstrate use of tact and patience in communication with clients, families and staff.
Apply on company website