The overall effort supports the Air Force's Headquarters Air Combat Command Intelligence Directorate (ACC/A2). The Atlassian solutions architect applies subject matter expertise in the field of data science to establish advanced knowledge management capabilities for A2 enabled by Atlassian solutions architectures and tools.
Additionally, they represent ACC/A2 inside and outside the command to deliver data-driven, agilely designed capabilities for ISR Airmen.
- Work with large, complex staff customer to transition project and knowledge management functions from Sharepoint to Atlassian-based environment.
- Create JIRA projects, queries, and reports.
- Build simple and complex JIRA work-flows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
- Create custom work-flows, post functions, and validation.
- Make changes to work-flows, screens, fields, and reporting.
- Provide ongoing support and configuration maintenance.
- Develop solutions extending Atlassian REST services and JIRA plug-ins using the Atlassian SDK.
- Design and manage JIRA and Confluence queries and dashboards for metrics reporting for various teams.
- Serve as the JIRA and Atlassian technical resource for users to ensure the adoption of development and work-flow processes, address user questions, and develop training, as needed.
- Administer JIRA and Confluence, and formulate technical solutions using JIRA and associated plug-ins or Atlassian products.
- Set up environments to host Atlassian applications, including Server and Data Center.
- Conduct installations and configurations of new Atlassian applications, as well as upgrades of existing Atlassian applications to the latest versions.
- Conduct installations and configurations of external authentication systems, such as AD, LDAP, SSO, etc., as well as installations and configurations of third party add-ons for Atlassian tools to provide enhanced capabilities.
- Troubleshoot various issues and problems and design creative technical solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, CS, MIS, or related discipline, plus 5 to 7 years of directly related experience or equivalent education and experience. Educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 9 years applicable work experience.
- 3+ years of experience with configuration and administration of Atlassian Products; ability to complete (or have completed) Atlassian's Here Be Dragons (i.e. Dragon Quest).
- Hands-on JIRA Core, Service Desk and JIRA Software, Bitbucket, Crowd, and Confluence experience.
- Experience using/extending REST services provided by Atlassian.
- Experience using ScriptRunner and implementing Groovy Scripts for JIRA and Confluence.
- Hands-on experience setting up, managing, upgrading and migrating Atlassian tools in Server and/or Data Center environments.
- Experience with Linux administration and Windows Server administration, including Tomcat server configuration & tuning, JVM tuning.
- Core Java, XML, JSP, SQL experience.
- Experience with scripting, such as Bash, Python or Ruby.
- Conceptual and practical understanding of SDLC and Agile Frameworks.
- Able to analyze and review current environments to determine potential areas of improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem-solving and process implementation skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple requirements and deliverables at any given time through effective time-management and planning.
- Candidate must meet DoD 8140 requirements for IAT Level 2; must have or be able to obtain Security + and Linux OS certifications.
- Must be a US Citizen and currently hold or be able to obtain a US TS-SCI security clearance.
Apply on company website