Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
Within Systems Planning and Analysis (SPA), the Strategic Development Group (SDG) delivers program planning, system engineering, financial analysis, safety analysis, logistics management support, and risk analyses to the Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) hypersonic weapon program. Our team is comprised of high quality people that have a passion for doing important work that matters to the Navy and our Nation. If you think critically and have a strong work ethic, we would like to hear from you.
SPA has a near-term need for a Business Financial Management Analyst.
The Business Financial Management Analyst will provide financial support to the Navy's hypersonic weapon program office. The Analyst will track, verify, and report commitments, obligations, costs and disbursements and develop draft program budget planning, programming, and execution documentation and data required for periodic data calls. In addition, the Analyst will prepare briefing materials, issue papers, point papers and ad hoc reports and record and maintain financial transactions and documents in appropriate financial and document management systems.
The Analyst will draft funding execution documents, track and analyze program financial transactions, and prepare obligation and expenditure phasing plans using program resource, budget, planning, and financial data. In addition, the Analyst will coordinate with the program's acquisition personnel to ensure accurate data reporting and fiscal accountability as well as support the development of the annual program office Task Planning Sheets (TPS) for all funding execution.
- Bachelor's degree in a business, financial, or a technical discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a budget or financial related position.
- Experience preparing funding execution documents and phasing plans.
- Experience performing data extractions and building tools to visualize, manipulate, and integrate data from Navy financial management systems (e.g., ERP, NEPS, REMIS, RDOCS, PDOCS, PBIS).
- Active SECRET or higher DoD clearance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a quick learner who adapts easily to frequently changing requirements and thrives in an exciting environment.
- Experience with DoD Middle Tier Acquisition or ACAT I programs.
- Knowledge of the Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- DAWIA Business Financial Management Level I certification.
- Ability to create Excel Pivot Tables, Macros, and utilize Excel Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
Apply on company website