Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
Within SPA, the Strategic Development Group (SDG) delivers program planning, system engineering, financial analysis, safety analysis, logistics management support, and risk analyses to the Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) hypersonic program. Our team is comprised of high quality people that have a passion for doing important work that matters to the U.S. Navy and our Nation. If you think critically, pride yourself on your work ethic, and have experience as a business operations analyst, we would like to hear from you. We have an immediate need.
The candidate will support the Navy program's business operations team and provide direct support to the Acquisition Director by reviewing data, information, and completing assigned tasks. They will regularly interact with external stakeholders, program management (at all levels), and members of the technical functional teams with regard to acquisition requirements and issue resolution. In addition, he or she will gather data, research acquisition information, and present findings to the Acquisition Director in a smart, clean, and intuitive manner. They will prepare business and acquisition briefing material on the program for senior Navy and DoD leadership in a fast-paced environment and monitor existing contracts, review submitted contract deliverables, and execute other aspects of the DoD acquisition process. Less than 10% travel.
SPA has an immediate need for a Business Operations Analyst #IN123
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Economics, National Security, or Science discipline
- 3+ years of experience in DoD acquisition, contract administration, or finance related position.
- Active Secret or higher DoD clearance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a quick learner who adapts easily to frequently changing requirements and thrives in an exciting environment.
- Experience with DoD Middle Tier Acquisition or ACAT I programs.
- DAWIA certification in Program Management or Contracts.
- Basic knowledge of applicable Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), and International Traffic in Arms Regulations. (ITAR).
- Familiar with terms and conditions, scope, cost and price of government contracts, subcontracts, non-disclosure agreements, and Teaming Agreements.
- Ability to create Excel Pivot Tables, Macros, and utilize Excel Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
Experience with task automation, file sharing, and organization of large amounts of files and information.
Apply on company website